Best Day Of My Life:)

Best Day Of My Life:)

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Week Five FF

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets. 

We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

Well everyone this is officially my last blog post for the semester and I just have to say that I have loved learning about the Family: A Proclamation to the World. What a blessing it is for us to have this wonderful document to refer back to and to be able to learn and understand the importance of having an eternal family and raising our families in the Gospel. Although I am not a mother yet, I have realized that the responsibilities of a mother are duties that God has blessed me with and trusts me with. The fact that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have faith in me to one day become a mom is always a shock and excitement. As I reflect on these last two paragraphs (I missed a paragraph on accident...ooops) I learn that any sin we make or any obligation we fail to progress in, in the last days we must stand before God and like it says, we will stand accountable for everything we have done while on this Earth. Now I don't know about you, but this scares me. I don't want to have to stand before God and look back on my life and wish that I had done better. I want to be the best I can right now and that isn't just regarding children. I want to be the best mother, the best wife, the best sister, the best teacher, and the best friend. I want to be able to look back on my life and say, "I did everything that I could and I am happy with what I did." No regrets when we get to the gates of heaven. No set backs. No wishing and hoping. Everything must happen through the guidance and teachings of the Gospel. 

Once again I have loved taking this class this semester. It has definitely opened my eyes to exactly what I need to do in order to progress towards becoming more like Christ and perfecting myself towards salvation and I want nothing more than to be able to see the lights of heaven and know that I did my best in progressing towards exaltation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment