Best Day Of My Life:)

Best Day Of My Life:)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Such A Fun Weekend!

How was everyone's weekend? Well I will just say that I had one of the funnest weekends! Two of my really good friends Saylee and Kayla came all the way down from Pocatello and Rexburg to spend the weekend with me and go to The Festival Of Colors! All I can say is WOW! What a blast that was! This was all of our first times going and we were absolutely blastered! It was so much fun being able to throw chalk/paint at each other without feeling guilty about it! Sadly I forgot my camera so I kind of missed the window of taking pictures which I am super upset about! For some odd reason I didn't even think about taking my camera! I was so mad when we got there because once you go in; NO RE-Entry and so we just had to take pictures with our phones! I cannot get over how much fun that was! We were covered head to toe in orange, green, purple, red, pink, blue and who knows what other colors! Saylee, Kayla, and I have officially made it a tradition that we attend this event every year! It was that much fun! Totally worth the thousands of people that go and the $2.00 to get in:) There were even some times that we came into view of some interesting people! People that wore too short of shorts, not long enough shirts, wedding dresses and tux, goggles! You name it and we probably saw it; but boy we just made laughs out of the sights we saw! It was quite the image! We could not get enough of the color throwing! We were there for six hours because we did not want to miss the color throwings! Every two hours they did a huge color throwing (picture below) where everyone there took color and threw it in the air! If you looked up, you literally could not see the sky! It was insane and disgusting! The smell and taste was not pleasant, but boy was it worth it! It was at a beautiful Hindu temple in Spanish Fork and it was so much fun! Even though the after effects were not pleasant; the muddy look of meshed colors, the incredibly large amount of dust coming off your clothes and hair, and the outrageous amount of color all over your body (fingernails, toenails, you name it!) It was so worth it though! I could not have asked for a better weekend with better friends! We had many laughs, had time to catch up on each other's lives, and just enjoying the joys of being a 19-year-old! Sadly back to reality and work tomorrow, but this weekend was definitely one worth remembering!
(These aren't ones I took sadly:( but this is pretty much what it was like)

(Color Throwing)

(The beautiful Hindu temple- This is a before picture! You should see it after the Festival eww)

(Basically this is what we looked like)

No comments:

Post a Comment